Goals and Purpose:
To respectfully help and assist the celebrants and parishioners of Saint Rose during all of the liturgical celebrations.
Including, but not limited to: Help set up the altar before Mass, administer and deposit the collection, help parishioners and visitors to find seating, help those attending Mass when they are ill or in need, assist the celebrants with any and all requests, facilitate an orderly procession for Holy Communion, and help to keep the facilities clean and orderly. Volunteers are always needed who would like to serve God and their family at Saint Rose. Volunteers are asked to work one hour a week and on Holy Days of obligation.
This ministry is open to all parishioners; men and women; senior citizen, parent and teenager.
Ushers are friendly people who welcome all ages and nationalities. Their faith enables them to see Christ's presence in individuals and in the gathered community of believers. Ushers are honest and dependable. They can handle emergency situations with courage and composure. They carry a dignity about themselves even when performing menial tasks. Those duties include:
- Greeting parishioners as they enter for worship
- Selecting a family to make the Offertory presentation
- Assisting in the seating of parishioners and guests
- Maintenance of the climate control system during Mass
- Taking up the Offertory collection
- Cleaning up the church after Mass, collecting excess bulletins and papers left behind in the pews
- Handling emergency situations with courage and composure